After a year like the one we have lived through, full of uncertainties, it has been established that investment in Science should be one of the unquestionable pillars from now on for the whole of society. The knowledge and learning that science brings to us should not be considered an expense, but an investment of present and future. That is why in this edition of the festival, we will bring together experts who dedicate their efforts to the Circle of Science: research, environmental management , conservation and scientific outreach.
Thus, we will have top-level scientists who will help us understand and value how this message has penetrated society and its applications in the environment. We will be accompanied by:
- Olga Jordi (PhD student in biology)
- Alba Villarroya (conservation technician at the Portuguese Society for the Study of Birds)
- Irene Figueroa (management technician in Paisatges Vius)
- Júlia Alcaraz (PhD student in biology and science broadcaster)
- Cori Calero (environmental journalist and science broadcaster)
The debate will be moderated by Mia Morante (PhD in biology and head of communications at the DBF).
We look forward to an enriching and clarifying talk on the current and future importance of science as a result of lived events and their experiences in knowing, conserving and communicating nature. See you there!